The strength of the relief nursery is found in the community! Please download our Volunteer Application to begin your volunteer relationship with A Family Place. Individuals under the age of 18 will also need to have a parent or guardian fill out the Minor Consent form. We find it works best to download and fill out these applications. Once one or both forms are completed please send to email@example.com.
Background checks are required for anyone working directly with children & families. This form will be sent digitally so please look for an email from “HireRight” to complete this process.
Relief Nursery Classroom
(weekday mornings – 1-2 days/week, McMinnville or Newberg)
- Childcare – Work with toddlers in a therapeutic classroom.
- Food Preparation – Prepare menus and meals for toddlers.
- Bus Driver – Pick up and drop off children before and after their time in the relief nursery classroom.
- Fleet or Facility Maintenance – Provide hands-on support for our busses or buildings and classrooms.
(weekday afternoons and evenings -1 day/week, various locations)
- Childcare – Provide safe, loving childcare for infants and toddlers while parents attend classes.
- Transportation – help parents access classes by providing transportation to/from parenting classes.
Administrative and Outreach
- Office Work – Assist with data entry, filing and general office administration. (as available, McMinnville & Newberg)
- Diaper Bank – Ensure our diaper banks are open to the community each week. (Thursday from 10am-Noon, McMinnville & Newberg; Wednesday 10am-3pm, Sheridan; 3rd Tuesdays 10am-Noon, Willamina)
Committees and Advisory
(weekdays -typically 1-2 days/month, various locations)
- Resource Development – Help build our network and raise funds and to support our programs. (First Wednesdays, McMinnville and Dundee)
- Events – Plan fundraising and promotional events that raise awareness and support. (as needed, McMinnville and Newberg)
- Marketing – Provide insight and assistance with digital and print material development and outreach activities. (Fourth Thursdays, McMinnville)
- Volunteers – Clearly communicate volunteer needs to the community and help support our volunteers. (as needed, various locations)
- Program Advisory Council – Provide advice for program development, staff support and outreach. (as needed, McMinnville and Sheridan)
Please contact our us at: firstname.lastname@example.org/971-241-1877 or download our Volunteer Application to begin your service to the children of Yamhill County.
Take a tour! We would love to show you around the relief nursery classroom in your local community. Contact Joi Bailey (email@example.com/503-472-4020 x218) to schedule a time for you or your group to see the nursery and hear more about how our programs stabilize local families with young children right here in Yamhill County.