The strength of the relief nursery is found in the community! Please download our Volunteer Application to begin your volunteer relationship with A Family Place. Background checks are required for anyone working directly with children & families, please fill out our background check form here.
Relief Nursery Classroom
(weekday mornings – 1-2 days/week, McMinnville or Newberg)
- Childcare – Work with toddlers in a therapeutic classroom.
- Food Preparation – Prepare menus and meals for toddlers.
- Bus Driver – Pick up and drop off children before and after their time in the relief nursery classroom.
- Fleet or Facility Maintenance – Provide hands-on support for our busses or buildings and classrooms.
(weekday afternoons and evenings -1 day/week, various locations)
- Childcare – Provide safe, loving childcare for infants and toddlers while parents attend classes.
- Transportation – help parents access classes by providing transportation to/from parenting classes.
Administrative and Outreach
- Office Work – Assist with data entry, filing and general office administration. (as available, McMinnville & Newberg)
- Diaper Bank – Ensure our diaper banks are open to the community each week. (Thursday from 10am-Noon, McMinnville & Newberg; Wednesday 10am-3pm, Sheridan; 3rd Tuesdays 10am-Noon, Willamina)
Committees and Advisory
(weekdays -typically 1-2 days/month, various locations)
- Resource Development – Help build our network and raise funds and to support our programs. (First Wednesdays, McMinnville and Dundee)
- Events – Plan fundraising and promotional events that raise awareness and support. (as needed, McMinnville and Newberg)
- Marketing – Provide insight and assistance with digital and print material development and outreach activities. (Fourth Thursdays, McMinnville)
- Volunteers – Clearly communicate volunteer needs to the community and help support our volunteers. (as needed, various locations)
- Program Advisory Council – Provide advice for program development, staff support and outreach. (as needed, McMinnville and Sheridan)
Please contact our us at: firstname.lastname@example.org/971-241-1877 or download our Volunteer Application to begin your service to the children of Yamhill County.
Take a tour! We would love to show you around the relief nursery classroom in your local community. Contact Joi Bailey (email@example.com/503-472-4020 x218) to schedule a time for you or your group to see the nursery and hear more about how our programs stabilize local families with young children right here in Yamhill County.