The strength of the relief nursery is found in the community! Please download our Volunteer Application to begin your volunteer relationship with A Family Place. Background checks are required for anyone working directly with children & families.
Relief Nursery Classroom
(weekday mornings/1-2 days per week)
- Childcare – Work with toddlers in a therapeutic classroom
- Food preparation – Prepare breakfast and lunch menus and meals
- Bus Driver – Pick up and drop off children before and after their time in the relief nursery classroom.
- Located in McMinnville at the First Baptist Church and in Newberg at Joyful Servant Lutheran Church.
- Childcare – Provide safe, loving childcare for infants and toddlers while parents attend classes.
- Transportation – help parents access classes by providing transportation to/from parenting classes.
- Various locations throughout Yamhill County.
- Office work – Assist with data entry, filing and general office work (McMinnville & Newberg)
- Diaper Bank – Ensure our diaper banks are open to the community each Thursday from 10am-Noon. (McMinnville & Newberg)
Join a Committee!
- Resource Development – Help build our network and raise funds and to support our programs.
- Events – Plan fundraising and promotional events that raise awareness and support.
- Marketing – Provide insight and assistance with materials development, web and outreach activities.
- Facilities – Provide oversight and hands-on support for our buildings and classrooms.
- Volunteers – Clearly communicate volunteer needs to the community and help support our volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in any of the capacities listed above, please contact Tai James (firstname.lastname@example.org/971-241-1877) or download our Volunteer Application to begin your service to the children of Yamhill County.
Take a tour! We would love to show you around the relief nursery classroom in your local community. Contact Joi Bailey (email@example.com/503-472-4020 x218) to schedule a time for you or your group to see the nursery and hear more about how our programs stabilize local families with young children right here in Yamhill County.