A Family Place partners with our community’s most vulnerable parents and caregivers who are building upon their strengths to overcome life’s most difficult challenges, create a brighter future for their children and contribute to thriving communities enriched by the power of their triumph over adversity. Thanks to the support of our generous volunteers, we offer free professional home visiting, parent education, specialized preschool, and basic needs support for families with children ages 0 to 5 – the time research shows these programs to have the greatest long-term impact on children’s development.
Make a difference in your community while gaining valuable academic and professional experience! We offer a wide variety of volunteer and internship opportunities with flexible scheduling, including but not limited to the following:
- Classroom Team
- Help children in our classrooms (ages 2-5) learn and grow. Playfulness & patience is key!
- Food Delivery Team
- Deliver meals & food boxes to local families struggling with food insecurity.
- Events Team
- Help plan, promote & solicit support for our fundraising & promotional events.
- Diaper Drive Captain
- Work closely with AFP staff to coordinate, promote & host Diaper Drives in our community!
- Diaper Bank Support Team
- Wash, sort & organize clothing, diapers & other donations.
- Distribute diapers & clothing during Diaper Bank operating hours (Thursdays 10-12)
- Community Ambassador
- Host a socially-distanced tour, a virtual presentation, small gathering or a table at our virtual event. Promote AFP around our community.
- Social Media Ambassador
- Help us expand our virtual reach by liking, sharing & reposting specific social media posts from the comfort of your home and with a click of a button!
- Translation Support Team
- Help with episodic Spanish translation for outreach materials & educational supplements.
- Special Project Team
- Garden, playground & site maintenance
- Office projects
- Craft projects for classroom use
- Videography Team
- Create & edit short, impactful videos.
Do you have a skill, talent, or interest that’s not on this list? We can match your skills with the needs in our programs and community!
Questions? Reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Rachael, at Volunteeryamhill@lcsnw.org or 971-241-1877.